What should my child wear to school?
We believe that a school uniform helps to achieve a sense of belonging and identity. Our uniform consists of:
- mid-grey trousers, shorts or culottes (lycra-type material trousers are not acceptable);
- plain mid-grey skirt or pinafore dress;
- white polo shirt;
- optional for juniors only ~shirt and tie;
- dark green sweatshirt (with the school logo) or cardigan (with the school logo);
- white or grey socks; or grey tights;
- appropriate low heeled black shoes (trainers and boots are not permitted);
- PE kit: black shorts, team t-shirt - the office staff will advise you of your child's team colour;
- for outdoor PE: trainers and plain dark sweatpants;
- optional extra: school logo hooded sweatshirt for PE;
- school book bag (Years R, 1 & 2)
- school backpack (Years 3, 4, 5 & 6);
- school logo PE / sports bag.
Alternative items for summer:
- green and white gingham dress;
- plain, predominantly white sandals (low heels) with white socks.
Additional items for winter:
- our school fleece is an optional extra; it can be useful as an extra layer for walking to school and at playtimes.
P E kit:
Your child will need a pair of light trainers for outdoor games (ideally with Velcro until they can tie their own laces) and a PE bag to keep the kit safe. Children can wear an optional school logo hooded sports sweatshirt or their school sweatshirt for PE on cooler days. Sweatpants are also an option for cooler days.
Children will come to school in their PE kit on their scheduled (indoor and outdoor) PE days.
Sporting clothes that are brought into school for after school clubs must be brought in the school's PE / sport bag and kept in the storage cubicle outside of the classroom.
All school uniform including polo shirts, sweatshirts/cardigans, team PE t-shirts, ties, book bags, PE bags and other uniform items are available through Brenda's Schoolwear.
All clothing must be marked with your child’s name. We regularly have unmarked lost property handed in; please do come in to reception to re-claim any lost items as we have to dispose of these items on a termly basis.
Jewellery is not practical or safe for school wear, and so this must be kept to a minimum. Plain silver/gold stud earrings and a plain watch are acceptable, but earrings must be removed by the child or tape must be brought in to cover for PE lessons.
Smart and tidy hairstyles only, all long hair (past shoulder length) must be tied up and any hair accessories should be plain and of school uniform colour. No hair braids, colours or shaved patterns are allowed.
If your child brings personal items to school they are responsible for their safety.
Out of school excursions
Pupils will be informed via the trip information letter of what they are expected to wear on school excursions.